Chunky highlights are a famous trend today. You’ll see many people, celebrities and non celebrities alike, sporting chunky highlights on their hair. Chunky highlights also function like thin or regular highlights as it focuses on lightening up various sections of hair to add more depth and dimension to it. There are quite a few things you have to think before getting chunky highlights. Here are some:
- Survey current trends – before you go ahead and get yourself some chunky highlights, observe the current trend that’s going on for them. This will help ensure that your hairstyle does not look dated with the way you’re getting your chunky highlights since trends can only change every so often.
- Better on straight hair – chunky highlights look more well-defined on straight hair rather than curly hair so you might want to get your hair straightened out or get yourself a straightening iron if you ever decide on getting chunky highlights and you have naturally curly hair.
- Think where to place your highlights – whether you want a bold and edgy look or just a subtle accent depends on where you place your chunky highlights. You can have them done on your whole hair in sections like regular highlights or you can have them done as accents by having them placed at the bangs, the tips of your hair or just on either sides of the face. Having one big strand of chunky highlights placed on just one side can look very complicated.
- Consider your face shape – are you aware of what face shape you have? Is your face round, oval, square or heart shaped? Chunky highlights can work for a great variety of facial shapes.
- For round faces – make sure to put highlight away from the hairline around the face to avoid making your face look even rounder. Instead, place your chunky highlights back from the hairline to gain a slimming effect.
- For square faces – go for chunky highlights that are places all over to flatter your facial shape more. This will also emphasize your facial features better.
- For heart shaped faces – try to get chunky highlights around your crown to balance out the narrowness of your chin and lessen the elongated look.
- For oval shaped faces – avoid making your face look longer by having your chunky highlights placed only at the ends of your hair.
- Choose colors wisely – choose colors for your chunky highlights that will either contrast or complement you hair color. You can ask your hair stylist to assess your hair and for color recommendations before getting chunky highlights. Just be sure to tell him what look you want to achieve.
chunky highlights pictures, are chunky highlights out of style, hair highlights gallery, balayage highlights, chunky highlights 2013, chunky highlights pinterest, types of highlights, how to do chunky highlights
Chunky Highlights! on Pinterest
Pins about Chunky Highlights! See more about chunky highlights, strawberry blonde.
Chunky Highlights on Pinterest
Hair Color! Maybe bangs a bit longer, Chunky red highlights in crown of head and bangs. Dark brown base color. All hair past chin length to be dark brown base.
Blonde Chunky Highlights on Pinterest
Heres the Beautiful New Hairstyle. Chunky Platinum/beige blonde peekaboos coming from the bottom skinny mixed with medium size.
How to do Thick, Chunky Highlights with Foils How-to ChannelSubscribe to Hairstylist How-to for new updates!
Pictures of Dark Hair with Highlights [Slideshow] – LoveToKnow
" Beauty & Fashion " Hair " Hairstyle Pictures " Pictures of Dark Hair with Highlights ". Pictures of Dark Hair with Highlights.
How to Get Chunky Highlights | At-Home Hair Color | Howcast
Learn how to get chunky hair highlights from Pierre Michel Salon colorist AJ Lordet in this Howcast hair tutorial.
Non-Chunky Highlights – Beauty
Learn how to do non-chunky highlights in your hair that will look natural. Here, see step-by-step instructions for how to do non-chunky highlights.
Round face – Chunky highlights and layers – Hairstyles for round faces
Hairstyles for round faces look great on people with round faces looking for a new hairstyle.
Chunky Blonde Highlights and long layers by Danielle E | Yelp Photos of Hairchitects Salon Chunky Blonde Highlights and long layers by Danielle E Campbell, CA.
Hair Highlights Can Look Awkward As These 38 Celebrities Prove. However, the most appealing detail were the chunky, streaky, blonde highlights on her dark brown hair. Fortunately, my mom talked me out.
Photos of real hair behind my chair with a brief description of my.
Warm browns with subtle golden highlights. Her color is all over auburn with bright red and blond highlights. Gold and Carmel slightly chunky highlights.
Chunky Highlights for Brown Hair – Buzzle Chunky highlights for brown hair are a good option if you want a brighten your current hairstyle, or add depth to your hair. Here are some ideas.
Highlights – Too chunky and too much root left showing – Netmums
Well firstly I knew it would take a few sessions to get to the level blonde I want but I dont like these highlights. They are really chunky so look.
Chunky highlights | Yelp Photos of Hair By Mandi Deann Chunky highlights Upland, CA.
Long Black Wig with Red Streaks Chunky Highlights.
Exotic rocker black and red hair wig. Layered style with red highlights.
How to do Thick, Chunky Highlights with Foils | favatat. This is a tutorial on how to do thick, chunky highlights. Foils are.
How Do I Choose the Best Chunky Highlights? – wiseGEEK When choosing chunky highlights, consider how you want the highlights to look, your hair type, your face shape, your hair color.
The best salon for chunky highlight haircut in Austin, Round Rock Tx.
Austin Round Rock hairstylists that specialize in chunky highlight. View our raving reviews on Yelp, Google, CitySearch. Come in for a free consultation.
Join Me On My Quest For Chunky &39;90s Color-Blocked Highlights. For the past five years or so, my hair has been short. A bob ending just below my ears was the longest it got, and for the better part of those five.