Ok, I’ll admit that I’ve got a few parking tickets in my time. Maybe even a speeding ticket. But I knew I did it, and should have expected to get caught. But there is no way I’d ever think to fall victim to these 25 ridiculous traffic laws. You seriously need to know these, especially the next time you’re going whale hunting in Tennessee. 🙂
25. It’s illegal to run out of gas on the highway in Germany.
24. Alaskans: you cannot tie a dog to the roof of your car in your state.
23. In Russia you’ll be fined for having a dirty car.
22. In San Francisco it is illegal to dry your car with used underwear.
21. Eating or drinking anything while driving in Cyprus is illegal…even water.
20. In Ohio you can expect to receive a ticket if you consecutively drive around the town square more than 100 times.
19. In Denmark all drivers must check under the car before starting it, just to see if there is someone underneath
18. In Florida if an elephant is tied to a parking meter, the attendant must deposit money in the meter.
17. In California and Tennessee shooting animals from your car is illegal, unless that animal is a whale.
16. In Singapore it is against the law for a driver to come within 50 meters of a pedestrian.
15. You can’t ride a camel on the highway in Nevada.
14. In New Jersey you are not allowed to frown at a police officer.
13. In Spain you must have an extra pair of glasses in the car at all times, even if you’re already wearing a pair.
12. There is a law in Britain stating that all hackney carriages must carry a bale of hay and a bag of oats.
11. You can’t operate a vehicle with a blindfold in Alabama.
10. Illinois makes it illegal to change clothes in a car, except in a fire.
9. In Massachusetts you will be fined if you drive with a gorilla in the back seat of your car.
8. In some Spanish cities cars must be parked on the side of the road where houses bear uneven numbers on uneven days of the month.
7. In Montana it is not permitted to leave a sheep unescorted in a truck.
6. In Pennsylvania if you are traveling on country roads at night you are required to stop every mile and detonate a rocket signal in order to warn livestock of your arrival.
5. In Missouri it is now illegal to honk the horn of someone else’s car.
4. Georgia makes it illegal to drive through playgrounds.
3. Don’t read comic books in Oklahoma while driving.
2. In Ohio, if your car breaks down and you call for a cab, you will face a fine if you decide to ride on the cab’s roof.
1. In Luxembourg all cars must have windshield wipers, even if they don’t have a windshield.
Can you believe that Tennesseans are allowed to shoot Free Willy?! Seriously, because I’m sure that was a point of contention one day at the State House. You know, with all the wild whales running around the landlocked state. Sigh…